IMS certification reaffirms IMTMA & BIEC’s commitment to environment and health & safety aspects in the exhibition industry and exhibition infrastructure. IMS certification for IMTMA & BIEC would mean:
- Exhibition organizers will be using a world-class venue with an accredited, reliable and committed exhibition infrastructure partner which takes the management of all facets of the venue, including QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT and HEALTH & SAFETY.
- BIEC will have the processes, checks and balances, in place to guarantee unrivalled quality and performance at every step of exhibition organising as well as provide value with excellent service.
Designed and built as a "Green Initiatives" BIEC is the first exhibition centre in INDIA to be awarded the "LEED- Certified" rating by USGBC.
Special attention has been given to components like:
- Rain water harvesting
- Ozone-friendly air-conditioning system
- Halls are designed for adequate fresh air circulation
- Water based air-cooling in the exhibition halls
- Usage of waste material like fly-ash to the tune of 50% in concrete mix in select areas
- Recycling of waste water through a treatment process
- Maintenance of natural contour of land
- Transplantation of trees together with extensive greening of the area